Thursday, April 24, 2014

Josh Leads the Training

So hey gang,

Mayhem here and right now I'm actually struggling to type this blog post out as I just finished an awesome Delt, Bicep, Tricep and Forearm training session LEAD by one of my members, Josh Ferrell.

I decided I would pass on this badge of honor to Josh after he has shown me considerably hard work over the past 6 weeks.  Josh has never missed a training session since we have begun, is always on time - most days 15 minutes early and always prepared to do battle.

In fact, I can recall one particular instance in which he told me he would not be able to come in and train because of scheduling conflicts with another obligation he had.  Of course I was surprised when he showed up ready to work saying that his previous engagement was canceled.  

He could of simply ditched that days training (after all, he already told me he couldn't make it in) come in the next training day and I wouldn't of ever known the difference.

Now, you may be thinking, big deal, dude wants to train so of course he's going to show up.  And you know what, you're right!

But to me it IS a big deal because it shows the determination, the commitment level and the no excuses mentality that this young guy brings to the gym each and every day.

And that's exactly what separates those that WANT IT and WORK FOR IT from those that WISH FOR IT and NEVER GET IT!

Ok, so little rant over, but yeah, Josh earned this day so I told him, "We have Dead-lifts on deck for tomorrow, what would you like to focus on today, its your ball-game and your quarterbacking."

From there I was going to give a few suggestions but he stopped me as soon as I mentioned that we could work on some shoulders and arms bodybuilding style.

"That's exactly what I was feeling," was his reply and from there he took the lead and we went to work.  I simply followed his lead only giving some options when he would ask but truly, Josh went on the fly and designed our training for the day and I got one hell of a workout.

It's good to let go of the reigns once in a while and shock the body with another person's influence and today will truly go in the books for us to repeat again when we want to blitz delts, bi's and tri's.

Here was our training:

Standing Military BB Press - I set the rack at shoulder height and followed a rep pattern of 10 / 8 / 6 / 15 - Josh hit sets of 10 reps and would clean the BB up to perform his first rep.

BB Curl - Again, I continued with the 10 / 8 / 6 / 15 rep pattern and Josh continued with sets of 10.

Decline Skull Crushers - Same rep pattern as above.

War Machine Chest Rotation Press - 3 sets of 5 per side.  (See video below)

Forearm Tri-Set Blitz: (See Video Below)

Seated Reverse Curls / Standing BB Behind Back Curls / Chain Hammer Curls - 3 Sets of Failure

After that we burned it out with 3 rounds of the Sledgehammer Slams, Plank Rows and Full Out Aggressions.

Thanks Josh for an awesome ARMageddon workout!


This video shows our final round of the Forearm Tri-Set Blitz.



And here is the Video of the War Machine Chest Rotation Press



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Are Appreciated!