Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Which Road Are You On?

In this journey called life I can recall many regrets and life lessons that I have endured, some of which I am not very proud of at all and am still having to work through the consequences.

I’m sure you have your battles like these as well but that is what makes us all human.  We make mistakes thats caused by our own selfishness or negligence... trust me, its hardly ever left up to chance.  

With the exception of being a victim of a crime or illness, your circumstances don’t just happen.

I’m a firm believer that you bring onto you what you create!

Karma, it may not happen to you right away but in my experience, you act the fool long enough, it will catch up with you and there will be penalties to pay.

The good news is that there is a flip side to this coin... The balance of the universe.  And I can attest to the FACT that every effort to maintain integrity, accept responsibility, engage life positively and honestly reaps its rewards.

It seems this day in age we see more negativity, bad news, and lack of integrity and much more selfishness, hatred and blaming.  

Its a sad trend that is coming right from our very own government, homes, work place and even people we call friends.  The worse part is, our kids are modeling this behavior.

Hearts have turned wicked in the game of life to get more for one self but I have to tell you, this is a big mistake and one that leaves lives in shambles and self destruction.

What ever happened to doing for your fellow man and giving instead of taking?

When did the rules change that you had to be greedy and untrustworthy to get ahead?
  
When did it become ok to blame others and not accept responsibility for your own actions?

Thats what it seems like today doesn’t it?

If you watch the News or scroll through your Facebook feed, I guarantee you will see more negativity and trouble then positivity and good deeds.

Here’s a couple things to think about before I go on...

I can’t recall the exact study but it was concluded that the News attracts more viewers from tragedies and bad news than it does with positives news and good Samaritan stories.

This can truly be backed up on Facebook.  When you see someone post something negative or life crisis on Facebook, how many Likes and comments are soon following that post?

Misery seems to love company and it is an addiction!  It can suck the life right from you and before you know it, you have become someone you never intended to be.

My life years ago was this exact story!

I was a VICTIM (self proclaimed) and I deserved better than the hand I was being dealt.  This was my thought process and because of this damaging outlook I was destroying myself and everyone around me.  

I was caught up hanging out with others who shared my vision of selfishness and greed.  I lost who I was and didn’t even realize it.

All the morals and things I stood by (the very things I would of died for) I betrayed in my own pursuit to better my own selfish circumstances.  

In the beginning I felt empowered, confident, even fair to say I was living life on an ultimate high but it didn’t last very long.

In fact, once everything turned for the worse I suffered much longer and am still paying today for some of those mistakes.

During my worse times I hurt others, relationships suffered including those with my very own family and friends.  

The business I was trying to create was falling apart on me.  My stress was more than I could handle.

I was drinking heavily and continued to pass the blame on others and my circumstance and soon became very quick to anger.

On the outside to others I showed a much different person.  I showed someone who was living the life and happy but this was far from the truth.

I soon hit a wall and in an instant I knew I needed to change.  I hated who I had become.

I needed to focus on myself in a positive manner, not one that was self destructing.  

It wasn’t an easy road at first but today that road is much easier to travel and now, whenever I hit life struggles or obstacles, I can always move forward knowing I make decisions with Integrity and Honesty.  

No need to lie or cheat my way through life.

I am very glad that today I am able to recognize how wrong my behavior was back then.  

And I have to tell you, Today I AM VERY Happy.  

I have a thriving business where the members of Mayhem Fitness LOVE to come learn and train.  

I have a very loving and wonderful girlfriend whom I am very proud of and love very much.  

I have an amazing son who I am a much better and positive role model to.  I couldn’t say that a few years back.  

I have my health and a passion to lead others and help them transform from weak, broken and struggling into Strong, Courageous and Empowered individuals who will in turn help others!

Success means something much different to me today than it did just a few short years ago.

I’m not sure what inspired me to write this today but I will tell you there are two roads in which we all must choose to travel on. 

One road seems like the clear the choice with open paths and less obstacles.  One that would have you believe that you can have whatever you desire and any means to get there.  I would caution that pathway and steer clear of it.

The one I will continue to travel is the one less traveled.  A steep uphill battle with treacherous obstacles and uncertainties.  

One where others will try and ridicule you and mock you.

Others will try and persuade you that it isn’t worth the risk or challenge.  

It will be a road that you will face defeat again and again and again and again.  

But once you reach the top, it will all be well worth it and you can say you made it with Integrity, Dignity, Passion and Honesty and NO ONE can ever take that feeling away from you!

Take a deep look at your life today as you look at these two lists.  

One is the road less traveled, the other seems to be the pathway of the many.  

I’ll admit, at one time in my life I had many of the Characteristics listed on the Easy Road.  Even though I still have my weak moments, I now know how to recognize them and make sure to stay on the course of the road less traveled.  Which path are you on?


Rise to the Top but don’t Lose Yourself in The Process!  Be True To Yourself and Honest With Others.  Which Road are you on?


Work Like A Champion, Live Like a Champion, WIN Like a Champion!

DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Are Appreciated!